Abstract submissions are now closed.
Paper submissions are now closed.
Final Camera-Ready Papers
Final, camera-ready papers may now be submitted to the conference management web site:
The DEADLINE for submission of final, camera-ready paper, completion of the licencing agreement, and conference registration is APRIL 20, 2015.
- Please review and respond to any comments from reviewers and meta-reviewers (if any) available on the conference management system. You are also welcome to make any other final edits that you wish in your paper.
- Ensure that your paper fully meets the formatting requirements and templates provided here:
- Ensure that your paper does NOT EXCEED 8 pages in total length.
- Ensure that your paper is submitted as a .doc or .docx file (NOT a pdf file), and that the file is named according to the file naming instructions provided in the instructions to authors.
- Upload your final paper to the conference management system by selecting “Edit” next to the “Camera-ready” link listed next to your paper. When asked, please ensure that the title, abstract, and authorship are the same as in your final paper submission. You must also provide a description of the changes that you made to respond to the reviewer’s comments. You will be asked to confirm that you have completed the licence agreement form (see below).
- There is also a provision to upload a presentation file to the conference management system. More information about this will be sent in May.
Please contact us with any questions or comments.;
The EESD’15 proceedings will be published and preserved online in UBC’s digital repository, cIRcle, where papers can be publically accessed for free and will be indexed by services such as Google Scholar.
Authors will retain copyright for your paper. However, we do require that you complete a Non-Exclusive Distribution License. To complete the licence, please access the form at:
Complete the form with the following information:
|Form Field Name||Instructions|
|I’m submitting multiple items||Leave this unchecked. If you are submitting more than one paper, please complete the form once for each paper.|
|Authors||List the names of all authors of your paper|
|UBC Academic Unit of Non-UBC Affiliation||If you are a UBC faculty, staff or student, enter your UBC unit here. Otherwise, enter “non-UBC”|
|UBC Course Name and Number (if applicable)||Leave blank|
|Your Email||Enter your email address|
|Date||Enter the current date|
|Copyright Owner(s) and Publication details:||Because your paper should be an original manuscript and the authors should own the copyright, you may leave these fields blank. If, for any reason, you are not the copyright owner of your paper, please complete these two fields.|
|Representations and Warranties||Read and check ALL statements.|
|I Agree||Check this box after reviewing and accepting all licence terms.|
|File name(s) to be added to cIRcle||Enter the filename that you used to submit your paper to the conference management system.|
At least one author must register for the conference by APRIL 20, 2015 in order for the paper to be included in the conference and the proceedings. This is also the deadline for early-bird registration prices and everyone planning to attend the conference is encouraged to register by this date. Please register through the conference web site.
There are several large conferences taking place in Vancouver at the same time as EESD’15 and accommodations in Vancouver are VERY limited. There is an adequate amount of accommodations at UBC for all conference delegates, but there is limited supply of some of the options. Please book your accommodations at UBC through the conference web site (or if you prefer, make your off-campus accommodation arrangements) as soon as possible.
Travel, Program, and Activities
As you make your travel plans for Vancouver, please bear the following program and travel items in mind:
- Visa information for travel to Canada is available on the conference web site, and there is an option to require an invitation letter when you register for the conference. Other information for travelling to and around Vancouver is also on the web site.
- The conference program spans from a welcoming reception on the evening on Tuesday, June 9th to a closing reception on Friday, June 12th. A preliminary program is on the web site and more details will be posted as they are finalized.
- Information about opportunities to tour around Vancouver and the region is also available on the conference web site, from short bus tours of the city to day trips to Whistler, or cruises to Alaska. You are encouraged to make the most of your trip to Vancouver!